Vacations and tests

So I’ve been out of touch for the past 2 weeks.  Busy, busy, busy I have been.  I left at 5 am on Wednesday the 15th for a long drive to upstate NY.  I was riding with my friend Rachel, her 6 year old son, 3 year old daughter and 1 1/2 year old dog.  The drive ended up taking 16.5 hours.  That’s right we did it all in one trip.  It wasn’t too bad, but I was walking like an old woman by the end of the trip.  Some pics of the drive are below with a small sampling of my other vaca pics.

I had fun visiting with Marnin and Rachel the week I was in NY.  Marnin and I drove into the Adirondacks twice.  The 3 of us went to the Ikea store in New Haven, CT for their big clearance sale and on Tuesday we got to go the the parade to kick off the county fair.  The fair was fun.  The vendors sold seafood which was a new treat for a midwestern girl used to only seeing pork and beef at the fairs.  I had a gator burger which was delicious.

So when I got back from NY I only had a day and a half in town before I had to drive across state to take my Praxis for the librarian job.  I had spent some time studying on my trip, but I was still about worried.  My mom and I drove up on Friday night and by the time we got there I had a horrible headache.  I sometimes get these migraines when my allergies (sinuses) act up.  I took some medicine and figured I would be okay in the morning.  When I woke up my headache was gone, but I was still feeling a little off.  Well, lucky me, while eating breakfast I had to run to the bathroom to throw up.  This was not the best way to go into the test.  Needless to say I spent the first hour of the test time (luckily the instruction time) concentrating on not getting sick during the test.  I managed to make it throught the test, although I am not sure how well I did.  My stomach has not been my friend since then.  I went into my classroom today to work and ended up leaving after only 5 hours.  I am pretty sure I have what everyone in NY had.  Did I mention that while visiting with them everyone in Rachel’s family got a stomach bug, all on different days?  Also, when I was on my second flight home there was a little girl behing me who was sick.  She was making good use of the “sick sacks” before the plane even began moving.  I am hoping that this is gone by tomorrow, because I have to have everything out of my old classroom by Friday.


One response to this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: